Wednesday 22 April 2009

Catch Up

Hello to anyone who's still with me. 

I apologise for not posting recently but chemo number 5 wasn't very kind to me and left me feeling very tired and unlike any of the others I had a few days of feeling quite sick and not feeling too well at all. Even our anniversary passed us quietly by as I really didn't feel well enough or energetic enough to go anywhere or do anything special. 

It's been harder this time to get myself back up and running and already the time has come round for number 6 which will be my last one. Hooray!

It's becoming increasingly difficult to concentrate on anything for long periods of time and my eyes are so sore that reading is quite a struggle for me. 

Yesterday I went for my pre assessment and for my bloods to be checked at the hospital. They had a bit of a job getting my blood as the veins have hardened and it was pretty painful. After a couple of attempts and a couple of nurses the third time was successful.

Tomorrow is chemo number 6, the last one! I'm a little worried that it may be painful as the drugs from the previous chemos have taken their toll on my veins which has caused them to harden and constrict. The good thing is that it is the last one and once I am starting to feel better I will be able to put it all behind me!

Radiotherapy planning is on the 5th May, again at St James then treatment will start 2 weeks later. 

I am so looking forward to being "normal" again. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi MANDY
    Just got back into routine of work after having fab hol in Miami. Don't know where time goes. Glad you are nearly over chemo and ready for last one. Just think though that will be the end of it and all the pain will have been worth it to get rid of the rotten 'c' word. Hope you don't feel too bad
    Take care
    Love Donna
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy.
    Hope yesterday went OK and wasn't as bad as you had feared. Al least chemo is now out of the way now and that's certainly something to celebrate. Sorry I haven't been in touch recently; we had our holiday followed by Easter and Ruby Wedding celebrations - we can't have been married SO long!!!!
    Back to normal,now, apart from learning to look after a baby again! Becca started work on Tuesday. She was a bit apprehensive at first but Lucy was fine with us so she thinks her two day week and five day weekend will be OK!
    Anyway, you look after yourself. Hope this time's after-effects aren't too bad. Just count the days till it's all over.
    You ARE getting there!
    We're thinking of you,
    Love Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi hope number 6 went ok for you and you are not feeling too bad. Sorry to hear that you have felt sick last time but now you have finished, hurray ! See you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Addy Maddy hope your last Chemo was OK. Sorry you haven't been feeling too good. Hope you feel better soon. Oh and by the way, being a member of this family you will NEVER be normal. LOL. Love you. Shona x

    ReplyDelete