Thursday 30 April 2009

The end of chemo! Hooray!

It finally happened, the last chemo. I had the last one, number 6 last Thursday and I can tell you I am so glad that it's all over with. It has been an experience that became increasingly more difficult as I had each one. This last one proving to be the most troublesome. It is only today, a week later, that I can feel a little energy slowly coming back into my body. 

My eyes are sore they feel like they are constantly stinging, my nose is full of scabs and always running and is so sore, the veins in my arm hurt, my head hurts, my ribs hurt and my whole body aches. (sorry for moaning, enough of that!)

Anyway as I said, I can now feel my energy slowly increasing and that's a positive. I am now looking forward to starting to feel well again and I will. 

There are so many things I have to look forward to starting with our granddaughter Ellie's birthday coming up this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing her and little Max. I'm hoping by then I'll be feeling much stronger.

Nick has been a star husband, my rock, and I am so so lucky to have such a wonderful caring person by my side, giving me all the love and support which he has done and he never complains. I know that not everyone would have had the same degree of care and attention which Nick has given to me. I feel truly very lucky. :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are staring to feel a bit better and that you continue to show that positive and determined attitude of yours.
    I,m sure the birthday girl and your other little visitor at the weekend will help you feel even better!
    Look forward to seeing you soon .... will keep you up to date with events at work.
    School Council are meeting next week to discuss ideas for the Breast Cancer Pink Day in June.
    take care
    love Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mandy keep fighting just the last hurdle now, you are such an inspiration, thinking of you lots, love ya Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy been reading your site what an inspiratiom you are. Keep that positive attitude.
    Love
    Jacky

    ReplyDelete