Wednesday 17 June 2009

Hooray! All done! cooked and roasted and ready for the summer!


Well I did it, I finally reached the end. I had my last treatment yesterday. It's hard to believe that it's all finished. It has been such a long journey and at times there has been some difficult hurdles to overcome but with Nick constantly by my side I feel sure that he has made this period in my life so much easier to deal with than if I had still been on my own. 

He is truly a very amazing person who's never ending love, huge amount of understanding and patience has kept me feeling so loved and cared for at a time when I have most needed it. I feel very honored to have him as my husband and appreciate all he does and has done for me especially over the last eight months. 

During this time Nick has not only continued with a full time job but has come home from work and done jobs around the house and helped to get meals. He has also studied for exams and used up most of his weekends working hard on our garden project and all the time taking care of me and never once complaining, Nick is positively remarkable! And I am a very lucky lady!

I have had so much care and support from so many people. The blogsite has really been a particularly great source of support for me and I appreciate very much the time and effort which people have taken to read my ramblings. I value all the messages that I have received from you all, it has been lovely to see how much people care and this has had a very positive effect on me and has undoubtedly helped me along the road to recovery. :)


3 comments:

  1. Very well done you have certainly been an inspiration and we hope that this is all behind you now! you have been so positive throughout which must have been very hard to do at times but has seen you through. it was lovely to see you both this week and mandy you do look a picture of health, Nick has been very supportive and deserves the credit for his support to you, it is lovely to see two people that are so much in love and I hope you both enjoy your time and love together for always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mandy
    just met you in person and read your last blog which to me is very amazing for someone too go through wat you have and to come out smiling the other side is to me wow,,

    So Go GIRL nothing stopin you now life is truely about livin and beating wat you just did must be totally aw some.........

    Take care will keep in touch
    Sheila (off the farm lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and well done!!!!!
    You're a good team and have coped brilliantly with all that has been thrown at you.
    Here's to a wonderful summer. You deserve it.
    Love Cherrie and Tony.

    ReplyDelete