Sunday 29 November 2015

All is Well That Ends Well!

Quietly finishing a sandwich, Mandy turns to look at me in response to something I have said  (what that was, don't ask, It's not important, and I don't recall it at all), and I think "am I seeing this right?" 
So I look again. Mandy's eye is a mass of blood. I tell her that her eye is, and I use the wrong phrase, "bloodshot" "oh" so she says, "  it will be alright" I tell her no, it is really bloodshot, and she continues to tell me to stop worrying, it is fine. I tell her to look in the mirror, but she tells me to stop worrying. No, I tell her, " you are not getting this" " it is really bad" " it will be fine" she says. So I get a mirror and make her look. 
Then she understands that she needs to take medical advice. Medical helpline leads to another medical helpline leads to A and E leads to inspection by opthamologist. 


The main thing is that he could see nothing behind the eye of concern, although he detected early stage cataracts, not so good, but manageable I guess.  Perhaps this is another chemo affect, who knows? 
 We are now waiting for the results of blood analysis which should be available next week. 
In the meantime the Dr whilst looking into Mandy's eyes is going Wow, wow, I have never seen this before. Wow, there are really crystals in your eye, they are shining like Swarovski crystals" and his face is beaming all over.  "  Yes" Mandy says, " they are writing this up and have already taken photos to put into medical journals"  He calls the nurse to have a quick look because she will probably never get a chance to see this rare condition again. 
I doubt that Mandy will be able to get them extracted to be made into a necklace, but at least it gave her something to smile about. Still as she always says, she does not want to be rare, she wants to be normal, but it is entertaining to see the excitement on eye doctors faces when they look into her eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment