Friday 6 November 2015

It's not over yet!

I'm happy to know that the chemo is now finished but treatment is not over yet! Ten days ago i started the next phase of treatment, hormone therapy, anastrozole  One tablet every day for the next few years, at the moment the number of years I should take it is not certain. I was supposed to take tamoxifen for ten years the first time round but after six years I developed a very rare side effect which effected my eyes by where the tamoxifen crystallised on my retina! So they advised me to stop taking it. By this time I had already developed a lump and the cancer was back! Hopefully with the surgery, the chemo and now the hormone therapy underway everything should be in place to keep this awful disease away for good! 

1 comment:

  1. Pic line coming out today, another hurdle hurdled. Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete