Tuesday 29 September 2015

A Reminder to Ourselves ......Things We Say / Things We Don't Say



1. "I am fighting cancer"  Really? Yes really. Fighting is aggressive. When has aggression been the answer to anything worth having? It often comes from anger. Anger is a negative emotion. When someone says they are kicking cancer's butt they are telling themselves that it is about fighting. We say "cancer is leaving me, it is leaving this sphere, it is not coming back".

2.  "Today is going to be a good day" with or without cancer, the deal is always the same, we only Have so many of them, the past does not exist, neither does the future, one is a memory, the other is a creation of our imagination. So we will enjoy today.

3.  " I can't" ... This may be perfectly true, but it does not apply to everything. It is better to say " I  can"  and to concentrate on what I can do. There are lots of them.

4.  " People will be looking at me /with pity/ dislike/ etc -  pick loads of negative ideas... The truth  is that even if a person going through cancer may look different in some way such as a loss of hair, Etc. their heart is the same, the person is the same, any changes are merely cosmetic, and True friends don't care about the cosmetics, those who are not inclined to be friends would not  care either way, they have more important things to focus on like their own friends and families. Their own lives. We say, " I am me, I am a good person, with a good heart, and my friends know that"

Right, that's enough thoughts for now.. I have to go to work to have a good day! Have a good day yourself if you have got this far.





No comments:

Post a Comment