Thursday 3 September 2015

North v South, East v West


When the going gets tough, the tough keep staying. The last week has been one of the toughest Mandy has had, with quite a lot going on. On the other hand, this journey constantly brings us into contact with inspirational people, a true testimony to the strength of the human spirit.

 4th chemo done today, only two to go now. 

Mandy inspires me to be a better me, a more courageous me, not to see the glass half empty or even half full, but to simply see that it is a glass with drink, and that the quantity is s somehow irrelevant. at the same time, our approach to treatment is North v South, East v West, we are poles apart. Mandy likes to know all the details, I prefer the blissful head in the sand approach, maybe it's a woman v man thing, I can't stand hospital reality shows either, and don't even get me started on Shows like " embarrassing Bodies", I mean why would you? 

Somehow however, I think this combination makes us a strong team. At least I would like to think so, and that keeps me positive.  




3 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,
    You compliment each other and keep each other balanced and level! Like Mandy, I love medical programmes especially "one born every minute" much to Brent's disgust, so there might be a battle of the sexes. Who knows, anyway, 2 more left, in your face, cancer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrea.. I think I will share the TV with Brent if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that case Nick I'll watch with Andrea and I won't have your constant negative remarks which makes me miss the programme anyway! Just remember I don't make negative comments while your sitting watching all your boring sports and depressing 24 hour news channels! Still there is always Coronation Street that we both enjoy watching although I do believe you are becoming more of an addict than me these days! Good job we love each other so much and don't really tend to watch too much telly! X x

    ReplyDelete