Thursday 15 October 2015

One dozen


I'm happy to say that on Tuesday 13th October I completed yet another course of chemotherapy! Twelve rounds in six years! 2009 was my first regime which began in January and consisted of six cycles three weekly of EC90 that was a combination of two drugs ( Epirubicin & cyclophosphamide ) 

My second regime of chemotherapy  after my reaccurrance this year which I began in June 2015 consisted of six cycles of Docetaxel

Cycle  six of Docetaxel
After achieving my five year mark and celebrating, then further going on to being six years cancer free and beginning to become more confident about putting this all behind me it was yet another wake up call to not becoming complacent about this awful disease!

I really don't want to have to go through this all again and am hoping and praying that from here on I will stay cancer free! Wouldn't that be great! So let's hope this is it, my real road to recovery! 

Having already made some healthy life style changes after the first diagnosis, perhaps it wasn't enough?! After a second diagnosis I have already made more healthy lifestyle choices and in my recovery am even more determined to make many more! I really don't want to repeat another journey like this! 

Talk about all the fun of the fair, I really hate roller coasters and would be completely happy to never have to embark on another one of this magnitude ever again! I now need to try to get back my positivity, gain confidence and strength, hopefully I will get the continued support of everyone all around me to keep me focused in regaining normality and helping me to become the healthy, happy cheerful bubbly person that is still within me! I know I can do it with your help and support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment