Tuesday 13 October 2015

Visitors!

I love having visitors and thankfully they have been like buses recently last  weekend  we had visits  from a colleague and her lovely fiancé , Shelly & Paul  and we had a lovely relaxing evening  great company and conversation and we even had Nick playing guitar and singing us  a small selection of his original songs which did get one or two of us a little emotional, but in a good way. We need to do this again! 

Also that weekend we had the pleasure of our eldest son who travelled all the way down from Aberdeen on the Thursday evening and stayed until Monday morning! It's always so lovely to see you Dean, so proud of the man you've become and of what you have achieved for yourself. Love you to bits and can't wait to see you again soon.

This weekend I had a surprise visit from my breast sister Sharon and brother in law Andy. II have spoken about Sharon previously on this blog regarding her own journey with breast cancer, she has been a great source of inspiration to me full of great advice and understanding. I'm really happy to tell you all she is now coming up to being TEN YEARS CLEAR! Please can I join your club Sharon? We had a lovely time together and  Saturday evening we were joined by my eldest sister Michelle and  our bro in law Simon. It was lovely to all get together, the boys all went out together to do boys stuff, pub & rugby! Whilst us three girls stayed in and had a lovely time catching up relaxing all cosy at home! 

On the Sunday friends, Ross & Debbie called across from York to spend a couple of hours with us, it was lovely to meet up again and catch up, I feel so pleased and cared for that so many people make such an effort to come and spend their valuable time with us. It will be lovely to see you both again.

Later on Sharon did an excellent job of cooking a delicious Sunday roast with her trusty assistant, the wonderful Nick by her side, I was sent to sit down feeling quite guilty but also recognising that I was struggling with my breathing and joint pains in my legs, I knew I really did need to just be able to sit down. It's not always easy to accept help but sometimes it's the right thing and there are times when you just need to step back and be thankful it's on offer! The weekend went so quick and early Monday morning Nick kindly drove Sharon and Andy to the train station for their 08:11 train. Then for us yet another appointment in pre assessment with Proffesor Dodwell my oncologist who is in charge of dishing out my "poison" as he calls it!  Bloods taken and picc line dressed ready for my last chemo to go ahead today! Yippee! 

Yesterday late afternoon/ early evening I had the pleasure of another couple of lovely ladies, friends from work, Salma & Jodie. I was so pleased that they had managed to come and even more pleased that they stayed for some time. We had a lovely catch up it was so nice to chat and I felt so lucky they spent so much of their time with me especially as they had both been busy at work all day then on top of that I know Jodie has quite a drive before she gets home so it would have been very late for her. Still it was great they were still here when Nick arrived home, he would have been sorry to have missed them and he could immediately see the lift their visit had given me! It works every time! 

So to anyone reading this, I know it's my last chemo today, but it's not over! There is still 
lots of healing to be done both physically and mentally! I still need your support and if 
you have any free time please don't hesitate to get in touch I'd be really pleased to see you and would always welcome friendly faces! Don't be shy even if you haven't yet been one of my visitors so far it's never too late and it would be lovely to see some new faces so come on surprise me! It's great for my recovery!


All visitors welcome!



4 comments:

  1. Always a pleasure. Love to you all xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelly, just completed my last chemo! Now about to leave hospital x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear that you're coming to the end of the chemo. Stay positive.
    Best wishes (truly)
    Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, lovely to hear from you, yes just done my last one, we've been home just over an hour. Love to you and Beau, thanks for thinking of me x x

      Delete