Monday 26 January 2009

Don't panic!

OH NO! Don't panic when all around you people are losing their heads! I'm only losing my hair!
Yes it has started, how far it will go is yet to be seen. 
It started last Thursday 15 days into my chemotherapy after washing my hair for only the 3rd time! It was very slight to begin, just a few strands really although more than you would expect under normal circumstances.
Hair loss has continued slowly until Sunday evening when it seemed to increase after gently combing my hair before bed.
This was the amount of hair which came out! 

At the moment I don't feel too worried as they did say that with the cap cooling treatment there would probably still be a thinning of the hair. Let's hope it doesn't thin too much more! 
To look at me at the moment you wouldn't be able to notice a difference but just in case, I am going today with my good friend Cherrie for a wig fitting appointment! Let's hope I won't ever need to wear it. 
Anyway more news later, need to get ready to go meet Cherrie in town. Apart from the wig fitting we have some retail therapy to do and a spot of lunch and a catch up, how lovely! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mandy, hang in there because as it stands you still have lots more hair than Nick. Thinking about you lots and hope all is tickety boo for second chemo. Love from Amanda, Greg, Josh, Gabbz, Georgie and Saskia x :) x

    ReplyDelete