Friday 30 January 2009

Round 2 Ding Ding!

Hi Peeps, well I've had my second chemo yesterday and all went well, again slight stinging in eyes and nose towards the end of the treatment being administered but not as much as last time.

Did the cold cap again, which was much worse this time but again after about 20 minutes the pain eased and numbness set in for the next 3 hours! The explanation they gave for it being more painful was that I have already lost so much hair as it has thinned so much there is closer contact with my scalp! The reason for so much hair loss already they said could be that my hair was so thick in the beginning that there wasn't such a close contact with the scalp. They said that it's possible that hair loss will now slow down and that we'll make a decision as to whether to carry on with the cold cap next assessment day which is 18th February. My feeling at the moment is that there won't be much worth saving but hey who knows I'm not giving up yet! What have I got to lose? Only my hair!

Once home after treatment I felt quite exhausted unlike last time. I think I was in bed by about 7 or 8 I'm not really sure. I slept really well through the night and woke at about 6am. I have felt very tired today and stayed in bed. Even though I haven't slept during the day I do feel more rested and looking forward to my dinner which Nick and Sven have just now finished making for us. So must go, keep those messages coming! :)


2 comments:

  1. Well done! That's another session out of the way. Hope you're feeling a bit better today and are able to enjoy the weekend. Take care and enjoy being looked after. You deserve it. Oh and hello Andrea and Donna. Nice to talk to you again. Perhaps we should get together to celebrate when Mandy has got through all this. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased that you are another session down and that you feel OK. Remember the propolis toothpaste if your mouth is sore and also Manuka honey is fantastic for your immune system. Look after yourself and let your family pamper you! Take care love Andrea x

    ReplyDelete