Saturday 9 May 2015

Lets dance! !it's show time!

Firstly I apologise as I am a bit behind on my blog! Going back to Thursday and the feeling was good! So much so I wondered what was it that they had REALLY been putting into my drip? I was on top of the world! The physiotherapist asked to borrow me to see how well I could tackle the stairs, so off we went for a little tour round the hospital to find some stairs to show off my talents! I beat them both to the top of the stairs and did alright coming back down too although it was a little more tricky but I did it and it was plain to see I had impressed the therapists! 

So with that job done I was back to my bay where the bed making was happening and the staff seemed so surprised to see such a huge change. Feeling happy that everyone was so pleased I thought this would be just the time to commence with some dancing and decided the staff would make excellent partners and that it would also brighten their working day to spread a little happiness and give some entertainment to the other patience to help them along with their recovery too! 

After all six beds were made it was then the nurses turn for a spot of dancing! Throughout the day I had visits from HDU and other members of staff were sent along to see the marvellous recovery that had occurred on ward L38 !

As the evening progresses we, that is the other patients and I decide to make our own entertainment this consists of me behind the curtains doing a puppet show and a bit of a variety act using various props that I could lay my hands on! We had the Irish nun and various other acts. This was followed by charades by this time a couple of staff heard all the fun and came to watch and be entertained but were too shy to join in although it was plain to see they were dying to take part! Next we tried deadly 12 and after a practise run we were ready to go, after a couple of goes we felt that was just a little to much for our 84 year old star patient who just didn't get it and kept on saying any random numbers! Still it just made it all the more fun! 

I could tell you all loads about our 84 year old star patient but all I will say is that TV comedy shows are made of this stuff and every ward should have a star like this to help aid recovery!

More to follow soon

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to read my ramblings!


6 comments:

  1. Can't hold a good woman down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to read!! After all you have been/are going through, you clearly have an outlook that is admirable and gives you the positivity to move forward. Reading from both you and your lovely Nick has put a smile on my face.

    Keep it up lady. You are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one amazing woman Mrs KB...love ya loads
    Shelly xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you're on the up !! Bet the staff and patients love having you around .. I bet you brighten up their days .. Keep up with the positivity and take care .. Don't overdo it
    Lots of love and wishes
    Donna 😃👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you. I'm imagining the life on your ward!
    Take care of the puppets! Xxx I am not sure why I am Mrs Riley on here!
    Love Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep dancing.............!!!!!
    Love Cherrie

    ReplyDelete