Thursday 14 May 2015

Settling in back home!

Well they finally let Nick take me back home on Monday and it's been lovely to be back! Mostly I have been so tired and have had quite a bit of catching up to do with my sleep! After a couple of days I was starting to feel much more refreshed and by Tuesday the sun was shining and I was starting to feel a bit better. Nick was busy working from home and I was beginning to feel a little bored! I could have easily gone in to do some card making but hey the sun was out so I wanted to be out too!

I noticed the clematis was beginning to wrap it's self round the washing line and thought perhaps it needed unwinding and training around the fence. As I am not very tall, I spotted the step ladder and thought I could make some use out of them, carefully taking them to the top of the garden I slowly but steadily climbed. Untangling the clematis from the washing line, I began to try to sort out the tangled mess but couldn't quite reach the top of the fence. Being sensible I knew it would not be a good idea to over stretch and thought I would need a little help! Nick caught me up the ladder and I was severely told off! Oops! Nick was pretty cross and I had crossed the line! 

Yesterday and once again the sun was shining, more chance to sit out and enjoy the garden this time with a lovely visit from Bryony who I had not seen in a few years so that was nice to sit out on the swing and have a long awaited catch up! As Bryony left my Auntie Carole and Uncle Brian arrived ( two of the most special people in my life ) it was so lovely to see them again and to be able to sit in the garden enjoying their company, next time maybe I'll be fit enough to make them a meal! 

Today I've felt so very tired but I've pushed myself to keep mobile as advised by the hospital. I made a couple of cards today but it really has been quite a struggle, perhaps I'm not doing enough so we decide to venture out to get a little fresh air!

So we're at Costco and we've bought a couple of cakes to say thank you to the staff at the LGI Nicks a little hungry so we sit, have a drink while he has something to eat, ( mines at home waiting, chilli con carnie) made previously by my son! Nicks eating and I'm doing all I can to stay awake! So homeward bound it is, struggling to stay awake! 

And so there it is, my first week back home and while this has been my week everyone at work have had a busy time doing SATs! How different life is! I hope all went well!

Tomorrow brings a new day and a visit back to the hospital for me at 8:30 am at the dressing clinic, here's hoping they like what they see and that all is well! 

More soon!

10 comments:

  1. You naughty girl climbing like that! You are supposed to be taking things easy.
    I'm so glad to hear you are home & I'm sure this makes the recovery process so much comfier.
    Nice to hear you've been able to do a bit of crafting too.
    Take care & take it easy.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did get severely told off! It's so much nicer to be in your own home. I managed to craft without too much trouble just had to ask for a little help getting materials out! Thanks for your comments, they mean so much! X x

      Delete
  2. Your doing good- hope the hospital like what they see ️xx keep us posted xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, I'm getting there, it would be nice if they say the dressings could come off tomorrow but I'm not sure if that will happen. It would be nice to be able to shower and not feel like my whole body is wrapped up in duck tape lol. Cheers for taking the trouble to post comments

      Delete
  3. I agree Lynne. I went mad!!! Someone likes to test the boundaries, it's like caring for a toddler! Still no harm was done in the end other than to my pulsing heart rate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes well in the morning mandy, I will get round for a coffee as soon as its calmed down at my house xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be nice! Pick a sunny day then you can try out my new swing! X x

      Delete
  5. I can just imagine you at the top of the ladders and Nick catching you up there! Don't do too much and fingers crossed for this morning xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thinking about you at the hospital at this moment; hope it's going well.
    Looking forward to seeing you soon,
    Love Cherrie

    ReplyDelete