Tuesday 12 May 2015

Time to call the plumber!!!

It hasn't seemed to cause too much concern that I haven't been to the toilet since before my operation! So after being given some MOVE IT ALL (movicol) and being brought a good hot curry from my sister and bro in-law the plan was put in place as my tummy had now become hard and slightly uncomfortable! Now all we needed to do was wait!

Sunday morning came and still no sign! So decided well, I'd go get my wash! Then thinking I'll just have myself a little wee! ☺️ Sparing the details lets just say that sometime later I needed to report to the nurses station and inform them that after a desperate 9 flushes I was sorry but they would need to call a plumber after all it had been 10 days! 😳

After an embarrassing investigation a rather large sign went up on the door saying .....
sorry! Out of order! Now we were down to one bathroom and i heard this was likely to be until Monday! Luckily for everyone it was less than a couple of hours before the man came with his plunger and the bathroom was reinstated!

Normally I would have been so terribly embarrassed but but after what I've gone through the last 10 days I was more relieved than anything! 

Anyway I'm pretty sure they may have been putting liquid cement into my drip!!! Lol

9 comments:

  1. Woah Mrs KB, better out than in! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me chuckle :) Cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well do not start those tricks at home, the U bend is vey small, and we live on the top of a hill, so yes we have no bananas, we have chicken soup, prunes and and we have carrots, but we have no bananas today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg at least you got rid of your load. I bet you feel five stone lighter. Lovely to hear your on the mend. Love Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, from before the op to leaving hospital I think I lost 11lb body feels like it's strapped up with duck tape though!

      Delete
  5. Still pumping away at the hospital Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both make me giggle it's like Comedy Central on here but giggles aside you are one brave lady and have such a positive attitude. Just keep listening to doctor Nick he knows best and you know. Take care and get plenty of rest xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mandy was given a sheet of "was it most like this?" Illustrations. They ended up adding a new illustration for the benefit of future patients!

    ReplyDelete